An Overview Of Slip and Fall
If you were at a restaurant, shopping in a store or even walking down the street and slipped or tripped and fell, you may have grounds for a premises liability claim. A slip and fall accident may cause serious injuries, and depending on the circumstances of the accident and the injuries you sustained you may be able to recover a significant amount of money from the property owner or other responsible party. A White Plains personal injury attorney at The Law Offices of Jason B. Kessler can explain this in more detail in relation to your unique case during a free consultation. This will include an assessment of whether negligence was the cause for your accident. We can file a claim for you and negotiate with the insurance company to make sure you receive the maximum monetary settlement possible for your physical injury and emotional suffering. We don’t get paid unless you get paid.
What are some of the types of negligent conduct that may be associated with or lead to slip and fall and trip and fall accidents? Following are some examples:
- Failing to clean up a spill on a walkway in a timely manner
- Failing to place a “wet floor” or other warning sign to indicate customers or visitors of a hazardous condition
- Improper signage indicating steps or sudden drops or rises in a floor
- Improper maintenance of lighting systems in walkways, hallways or stairwells
- Leaving merchandise or objects in aisles or walkways
- Improper maintenance of safety features such as railings, lights, screens, etc.
Property owners or managers may be held liable in certain situations where a person slipped and fell and was injured. This must be linked to negligence of some kind on their part, due to a failure to maintain safe premises.
Get your questions answered - call us for your free, 20 min phone consultation (914) 220-1088